Posted by Admin on June, 12, 2020
|Red sandalwood is commonly found in the south Eastern Ghats at Mountain range of South India. This tree is highly valued for its rich colour. However, the wood is not as aromatic as common sandalwood. Red sandalwood tree takes a lot more years to grown-up than white sandalwood. Therefore, the supply of red sandalwood logs is very less than the white sandalwood logs. There is also a huge demand for Red sandalwood logs in Japan, Myanmar and other Asian countries.
Both sandalwoods possess similar medicinal properties and are used in various medicines. Have a look at the red sandalwood logs benefits below.
Uses of Red Sandalwood:
1. On the business side
It is a valuable raw material for making music instruments and luxury furniture. The logs are highly used for heavy construction especially exterior applications, flooring, decking, docks, boatbuilding, shipbuilding and other applications where the strength and rot resistance features of the logs can be utilized. This category of sandalwood has also been used for making bridges and been used to reduce the radiation of Nuclear reactors.
2. This deep earthy coloured sandalwood has amazing medicinal properties so considered traditional herbal medicines for treating minor ailments as an
• a haemorrhage,
• anti-hyperglycemic and
According to the Institute of Wood Science & Technology, this sandalwood gives a cooling effect when applied externally to inflammations, head-ache, bilious affections and skin diseases. It helps improve treating headache, fever, boils, and scorpion sting.
Here are some advantageous red sandalwood logs benefits-
Red sandalwood log is also popular in the cosmetic industry for treating skin problems like the pigmentation of the skin and acne.
• For acne: it is often used in the treatment of skin disorders such as acne. one can use red sandalwood in several ways to treat acne problems. This includes simply an external application as well as oral intake of the product.
• For skin pigmentation: its extract is extensively used in the cosmetic industry to lighten or reduce pigmentation marks or scars on the skin. One can easily make face packs made from red sandalwood at home which are as effective as the products available in the market for pigmentation.
• For eczema: Eczema is a type of skin disorder in which the patient suffers from skin inflammation. Eczema can be managed using herbal remedies. To get relief from itchiness and inflammation caused by eczema, red sandalwood powder or other product is used. It provides instant relief from burning and itchy skin.
• For burns: this has cooling properties and is used to provide relief in cases of burnt skin. An ointment containing sandalwood powder can be applied on the affected area for relief.
•as an antiseptic: this type of sandalwood is loaded with antiseptic and healing properties and has been used as an antiseptic in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. To use it as an antiseptic, one can also sprinkle red sandalwood powder on damaged skin.
Due to all the above uses and benefits, Red sandalwood logs are high in demand in the market.
Red sandalwood logs suppliers in India are engaged in supplying superior quality at a quite reasonable rate. One can also contact one of the top suppliers to meet the bulk and urgent requirements.